Lead Software Engineer
Full time / freelance contractor
Bratislava / hybrid
You will work closely with our CEO and will be considered for company shares based on mutual agreement.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading development of high performance SW for existing and new software projects
We are a small team working on innovative software and hardware products, so you will have a large impact on the company. You will be the lead software engineer, working with external agencies, freelancers and internal developers, to ensure development of high performance kernel software for new and existing products. The company products are in the domain of TV Broadcast signal delivery and satellite internet.
- Lead and participate in software development of existing and new projects within a group of 3-6 programmers
- Design optimal, durable software architecture for new software products. Understand and improve existing software projects.
- Ensure that the project meets business objectives – stability, reliability. Lead code reviews to ensure clean, performant and maintainable code.
- Support testing and deployment of new products and/or features with aim to avoid regressive bugs
- Write high-level structured programming documentation
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in C / C++ (Linux kernel and user space)
- 2+ years of work experience in leadership position
- Skilled in Linux administration, infrastructure and code compilation, troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of English language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
Welcomed specific skills – not mandatory
- Bitstream processing (Digital TV – MPEG TS, IP)
- Satellite communication (broadband & broadcast)
- Digital TV echo-system (broadcast, streaming is advantage) and Digital TV standards knowledge
- IP networking TCP stack, SNMP (simple network management protocol)
- Docker (virtual compilation environments)
What we use in software projects – not mandatory for you
Linux Kernel – C
Linux user mode, C++ application
Erlang (Ericsson language)
What’s in it for you
- Creative work in an innovative company in the broadcast and satellite internet industry
- Professional growth thanks to participating on projects for the global market
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home (2-4 days of home office per week)
- Company will propose company shares
- Bonus for finishing work in-time
- Work-life balance – stable quartal planning cycle
Haven’t found the right position for you?
See the list of all our current job openings or drop us an e-mail to see how we can work together.