Senior Linux Kernel Programmer
Full time / freelance contractor
Bratislava / hybrid / remote
You will be:
- Lead Linux kernel developer for new software projects and implementing enhancements to existing projects in a domain of TV Broadcast signal delivery technologies – satellite & terrestrial.
- Software architect – designing product
You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of high performance kernel SW for new software projects and implement enhancements to existing projects.
You will work on products in a TV Broadcast signal delivery – satellite or terrestrial.
Products are subject of innovative R&D project “SFN Boost”, awarded by Seal of Excellence by EIC Accelerator under Horizon2020 granted to the most innovative EU SMEs.
Understanding of digital TV, telecommunication and IP networking would be an advantage.
- Design optimal, durable SW architecture for new SW products
- Develop SW in Linux kernel and user space, API interfaces, new functionality and enhancements focused at digital TV and IP networking
- Coordinate cross-functionally with higher layer SW
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Be patient in understanding existing projects codes
- Ensure code compliance with Digital TV standards
- Support testing and deployment of new products and/or features with aim to avoid regressive bugs
- Participate in code reviews
- Write intelligible well-structured programming documentation
- 3+ years of work experience in Linux Kernel programming, debugging, designing SW architecture
- Git source code repository advanced use
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Good working knowledge of English language
Welcomed specific skills – not mandatory
- Bitstream processing (Digital TV – MPEG TS, IP)
- Knowledge of Digital TV echo-system (broadcast, streaming is advantage)
and Digital TV standards
- IP networking
- Forward error correction
- Docker (virtual compilation environment)
What we use in software projects – not mandatory for you
Linux Kernel (C)
Linux user mode, C++ application
Erlang (Ericsson language)
What’s in it for you
- Creative work in an innovative company in the broadcast and satellite internet industry
- Professional growth thanks to participating on projects for the global market
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home – possibility to work fully remotely
- Company will propose company shares to key & most skilled programmers, project managers
- Bonus for finishing work in-time
- Work-life balance – stable quartal planning cycle
Haven’t found the right position for you?
See the list of all our current job openings or drop us an e-mail to see how we can work together.